How can one find the best wax 3D printer at a reasonable price?
Based on our research and sifting through the top 9 wax 3D printers, we have chosen 3 of the best that offer the highest level of performance.
The cost of these options has only come down in the last few years. These materials will be used in composites, thermoplastics, etc.
Additionally, a wax-like material is being developed now that mimics natural wax.
Choosing the right 3D printer is a key part of your workflow no matter whether you are a professional or a hobbyist.
1. ELEGOO Mars – Best Value
With an easy-to-use system and a low price tag, the Elegoo Mars is a wax 3D printing solution.
We like combos like that.
Simple, yet sturdy, is the overall construction. It’s easy to operate with the 3.5 inch touch screen.
In addition, the aluminum body is durable, as is the acrylic cover.
Setting up this device is straightforward. Leveling the build plate is not necessary. Insert the included USB drive and follow instructions to get started.
CHITUBOX slicing software is used by the printer, which makes it extremely fast. Further, the 2K HD masking LCD boasts a resolution of 2560 x 1440 for excellent accuracy.
This 3D printer reliably prints high-quality wax objects with lower noise than most other 3D printers on the market.
During the photocuring process, the software optimizes the resin used as well.
The best value in this category is a product that has an unbelievably low price and good print quality.
- Printing of exceptional quality
- High-quality construction
- UV lights of 40 Watts
- The user manual lacks sufficient detail
- Resin tank of small size
2. Anycubic Photon S
High-quality printing is the hallmark of the Photon S.
The prints were very well detailed during our testing.
First of all…
In a few seconds, the printer will start printing.
It is easy to adjust the Z-axis and level the build plate. Follow the instructions included on the USB drive after adjusting the Z-axis.
An optional graphical user interface is bundled with the device’s Photons Workshop software.
It worked well on the touchscreen.
Approximately 39 decibels of noise can be heard. Z-axis dual rails are an important feature of the design. As a result, this axis is extremely accurate.
By using matrix UV lighting, the energy is evenly distributed.
Activated carbon air filtering is installed on this device. During the casting process, this helps prevent odors from spreading.
The printer is capable of printing any complex 3D model to perfection.
Editor’s choice was an easy decision.
- Accuracy at the highest level
- Easy to use
- The air filter is included
- Touchscreens with new capabilities
- Cover made of plastic
- A level bed might be an issue
3. Peopoly Phenom
Our most expensive item is the Peopoly Phenom wax 3D printer.
You can use this for 3D printing if you want something more than just high quality.
A massive build volume will be the first thing you notice.
Printing larger objects is easier with this method.
Keep in mind that the resin container has a capacity of almost a liter, so you’ll want to fill it up.
MSLA printing technology solidifies resin by using UV light to solidify photosensitive resin. A layer of resin is illuminated at a time with UV light.
As a result, larger objects are printed faster.
It is correctly referred to as a plug-and-play device with regards to the setup.
A fair amount of noise is made by the massive cooling fans.
WiFi was not available in the hotel. The ethernet connection was quite easy, however.
In addition, the ChiTu firmware is very simple to use. It’s straightforward and features a lot of helpful information.
Generally, the quality of the printing was excellent. I was pleased with the sharpness and clean lines on the intricate chess pieces.
The best option for hobbyists is not this. For those looking for medium and large-scale 3D wax printing, it is the ideal choice.
In the end, we named it our Premium Choice.
- High-quality printing
- The printing process is quick
- Easy to use
- Setup is simple
- Resin types are not limited
- It’s difficult to keep LCD screens in good condition
- There is some noise in the process
Buyers Guide: How To Choose The Best Wax 3D Printer
1. How Do 3D Printers Differ From Each Other?
Various technologies are used to classify 3D printers.
There are several ways to 3D print wax.
2. Features To Look Out For
You need to check a number of features before making your choice when it comes to the printing process in a 3D printer.
- Noisy environments must be taken into consideration. While you might be able to sleep through some long hours of printing, note that you might have to deal with the noise. Every 3D printer makes noise in some way. Typically, the cooling fan makes most of the noise. Measures to reduce noise can be tailored to suit the needs.
- Models differ in terms of printing speed. 3D printers that use wax or resin are often slower than those that use filament or FDM. When you are printing for commercial purposes, you must consider the printer’s speed. Quality should not be overlooked for speed.
- Another important factor is the 3D printer’s connectivity options. There are USB ports or USB cables on the majority of printers so that flash drives can be connected. WIFI connectivity is also available on some devices so that data can be transferred.
- There are many types and sizes of 3D printers. The models can range in size from small home printers to industrial printers. In addition, size determines the maximum printer or print size. Depending on your requirements and space availability, you need to select an appropriate footprint.
3. Jargon Buster
First-time buyers may find it confusing to deal with all the technical jargon used in wax 3D printing.
Following are some commonly used terms:
- Slicing software – When wax is printed, a 3D model is divided up into layers by special software. The slices are stored in the printer’s operating file which allows it to read them during operation. Software varies from printer to printer.
- Build Platform – The build platform is a flat surface on which the print is carried out. Build surface is another name for the platform. Typically, the platform moves along the Z-axis. It is possible for these objects to move in a direction X or Y in some cases as well. Materials such as glass or aluminum can be used to make the plates.
- Curing – This refers to transforming liquid wax or resin into solid form by using UV light. Photosensitive resin becomes chemically bonded as a result of the UV light. It then hardens. It is possible to further strengthen the wax patterns after the casting and printing processes by post-curing.
- STL & OBJ Files – These two file formats are compatible with 3D printers. They can also be read by most 3D slicer programs.
4. Top Tips
Before purchasing a wax 3D printer, consider the following tips
- It is a good idea to determine the volume of printing you will need and the type of printing you will require. Shortlisting from available options will be easier this way.
- Make sure that wax 3D printing is appropriate for your application. Another popular choice is the FDM printer, which uses filaments.
- Choosing a high-resolution printer is crucial. The resolution of wax printers can reach 100 microns. Performance and price should be balanced.
A reliable customer support system is necessary when choosing a brand. Whenever the device malfunctions, you’ll have the option of getting the right help.
Q1. Which 3D printer should I buy so it can work with wax?
A variety of features are important to consider. If the printer is large, quick, and has a high resolution, for example, you should check these things.
Q2. Does wax work well for 3D printing?
Software is used to replicate CAD files for wax 3D printers. In order to create the exact replica of the object, the wax model is solidified by UV light.
Q3. How do waxes work?
The printing of 3D wax models requires a wide variety of wax-like materials. Castable wax is typically pure and available in a number of colors and properties. Depending on the type of material to be molded, the type of printing materials will also differ. An example is the surface finish required for jewelry designs. Specific waxes are used for this purpose.
Our Analysis, Comparisons & Test Results
We have reviewed these three products.
We ranked them by carefully selecting each metric after testing them in detail.
Therefore, comparing them according to the specific areas becomes even easier.
1. Value For Money
Almost every product we review is rated on its value for money.
Our Best Value pick here is the Elegoo Mars. Performance is excellent for the price.
A bit behind in overall quality is the Anycubic Photon S.
Peopoly Phenom 3D printers are more expensive, so they aren’t really accessible to hobbyists.
2. Ease Of Use
Those who are just starting out with 3D printers need to consider ease of use.
Another top printer for usability is the Elegoo Mars. It has a smooth performance and it is well designed.
It is harder to set up the Anycubic Photon because the Peopoly Phenom lacks WiFi.
There is no doubt that wax-based 3D printers require durability in order to work for many years.
Peopoly’s Phenom Printer and Elegoo’s Mars produced similar results under this metric. Their durability is suitable for long-term use.
According to the results, Anycubic Photon S has the lowest score. Construction is not its greatest strength.
Peopoly Phenom was clearly the winner when it came to print quality. In terms of high-resolution printing, there was no competition.
Anycubic Photon S delivers good prints as a compact 3D printer.
In terms of performance, the Elegoo Mars achieved the lowest score. Nevertheless, the quality of its prints was accurate. Despite that, they didn’t measure up to the others.
Peopoly Phenom is a great printer for batch production because it prints fast.
Anycubic Photon S has impressive print speeds for its size.
Atop the Elegoo Mars stood the lowest point of the planet. There are not many 3D printers that are faster.
Our Final Verdict: Best Wax 3D Printer
How Do You Choose?
The sum total is as follows:
These three devices are the best wax 3D printers available.
Choose the Elegoo Mars if you want the best price.
If you need a compact printer that also delivers solid performance, opt for the Anycubic Photon S.
What would you like to have that’s bigger and more powerful?
A great option for those who are looking for a Phenom printer is Peopoly.
Consider your needs before buying a printer.