Making art prints at home is a great way to save money and get creative with your artwork. There are a few different ways you can go about making your own art prints, and the best method will vary depending on the type of printer and paper you have available.
How to Make Art Prints at Home:
Below, we’ll walk you through the basics of how to make art prints at home using An inkjet printer and some common household items.
What You’ll Need:
- An inkjet printer
- White computer paper or photo paper
- A pencil
- A ruler or straightedge
- A piece of cardboard
- A fine-tipped black marker
Step by Step Guide for Making the Perfect Art Print
1. Begin by finding a image you’d like to print. This can be a photograph, drawing, or even a design you found online. Once you have your image, open it in a photo editing program and resize it to the desired size for your art print. For this example, we’ll be printing an 8″x10″ image.
2.Next, cut a piece of cardboard slightly smaller than your image with your scissors. The backing for your print will be this piece of cardboard.
3. Use the tape to hold the cardboard in place on the back of your picture.
4. To add some more of your own style, paint a border around the print using the pencil and ruler. This will be used as a guide when you cut out your print.
5. Cut out your image along the pencil lines, being careful not to cut into the actual image itself.
6. Finally, use the black marker to write your name, website, or any other information you’d like on the back of your art print.
And that’s it! You’ve now successfully made your own art print at home. Hang it up or give it away – it’s sure to impress whoever sees it.
Tips for Making the Perfect Art Print
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when making your own art prints:
- Use a high-quality image to get the best results.
- Resize your image before printing to avoid pixellation.
- Cut out your art print carefully to avoid damage.
- Be sure to write your name and contact information on the back of your print!
- Store your art print in a safe place to keep it looking its best.
How do I choose the right size for my art print?
The size of your art print will depend on the size of the image you’re using and the available space you have to hang it. If you’re unsure what size to make your print, we recommend starting with a smaller size and then working your way up until you find the perfect fit.
What kind of paper should I use for my art print?
We recommend using white computer paper or photo paper for your art print. These papers are thick enough to support the ink from your printer without bleeding through, and they’ll give your print a professional look and feel.
Can I frame my art print?
Yes! Framing your art print is a great way to protect it from damage and display it prominently in your home or office. We recommend using a simple black or white frame to allow your print to really stand out.
What if I don’t have an inkjet printer?
No problem! You can still make art prints at home using a regular printer and some Elmer’s glue. Simply print your image onto a piece of computer paper, and then use the glue to attach it to a piece of card stock. Allow the glue to dry completely before cutting out your print and adding a backing.
How should I store my art print?
If you’re not planning on framing your art print, we recommend storing it in a flat file or portfolio. This will protect it from damage and keep it looking its best for years to come.
Making art prints at home is a great way to save money and get creative. You can use any type of printer to create your own unique artwork. All you need is some paper, ink, and a little bit of time.